Selling jewellery on the Internet can be the start of a good business. This can be achieved in different ways. Here are tips on how to sell jewelry online.
1. Take good pictures of the jewellery. The photos should bring out the best features of the jewellery items. Consider using a camera with macro mode because the camera is capable of capturing crisp details.
2. Take photos of the jewellery pieces using front and back lighting. Student gooseneck lamps can provide ample lighting. Place the jewellery in the middle of the background. Then place two lights, one in the rear and another one in front of the jewellery. This set up eliminates shadows.
3. Move the camera around while taking the shots to capture the sparkle from your jewellery pieces. Capture all angles and aspects of the jewellery.
4. Find out how much you will be making for each piece. This requires you to organize all prices of your jewellery items. Do not overprice the items because this will not encourage customers to purchase them.
5. Create a blog to showcase your jewellery. Blogs are affordable and effective advertising tools. Blogs are easy to manage and provide a platform for you to upload pictures of your jewellery and get greater exposure. Ensure the blogs have links with payment options so that people who want the items can purchase them at their convenience.
6. Include your business address on the blog for people who want to pay through cash and cheques. It is not advisable to include your physical address on the blog because then everyone accessing the blog will know where you stay. Make sure all cheques sent to your address are cleared before sending out purchased jewellery items.
7. Create a website to sell your jewellery. This is not necessarily an expensive undertaking. It involves coming up with a unique domain name that no one else has used. One of the best benefits of creating your own website is that you can customize it in any way that you want.
8. Consider purchasing jewellery templates at an affordable price. After purchasing the templates, you can add information and photos of your jewellery pieces. Also, consider including links to payment systems for customers to pay for the jewellery. Click here for easy e-commerce solutions.
9. Use online auction sites to sell your items. Make sure you go through the rules laid out on these sites and abide by the rules. Compare the fees of the Internet auction sites. A significant advantage of selling through auction sites is that these sites have many customers looking for items. It is more like selling your jewellery at the mall where people go to buy items.
10. Creating websites and blogs is not enough marketing. You may have to do more to drive traffic towards your blog and website. This may involve linking your blog and website to web forums and undertaking search engine optimization.
11. Make business cards and give them out to potential clients and contacts.
See Also: 5 Simple Tips For Online Store Success